A new journey...pt1


     On my quest to take over the fashion industry…or at the very least be a fixture in the fashion community around the world…I’ve run into a few roadblocks. As we all do in our lives. However mine has caused me to become stagnant. I am the type of person that needs to be on the move constantly. I always need something to do and some place to go to feel alive, to feel important. Now don’t get me wrong. I’ve got a pretty large family and every moment of my personal life makes me feel important but I need to feel that same importance in my career. I’ve known from a very young age I wasn’t about that 9-5 life, and there is nothing wrong with that. Hell I’ve worked since I was 15 years old and now I’m 30…ish. I used to sit and envy people that have been at a job for 5, 10, 15, 20,000 years!! I wondered why I couldn’t do it. Why I couldn’t be that person that held a job for more than 3 years at a time. Yes, that is the longest I have been at one job. I was always miserable!!! Yeah I love the steady income. There’s nothing like that direct deposit hitting my bank account Friday at midnight!! But there was always the constant dread of getting up and going to a thankless job at a big corporation.  There was always the stress of having to call into work because I had a sick kid and the person on the other end of the phone just couldn’t comprehend that my child needed me. The straw that broke the camel’s back was the time my childcare provider told me my little girl was on the way to the hospital because she was really sick. On my way out the door my manager at the time told me “You really need to start planning your emergencies.”  It was the most thoughtless thing anyone could say to another person. The ironic thing of it all is it was a healthcare company I was working for. Anyway, since then I realized I wasn’t living the life I should be. I started focusing on the things I wanted most out of life and my clothing line was at the top of that list. It was my baby and it needed my constant nurturing. It always will even after my fashion world domination. Arizona has been good to me in some ways and in others it’s been more like an evil stepmother. I’m proud of my accomplishments here. I launched my brand in 2011 during Tucson fashion week. In 2012 I was able to take part in bringing awareness to domestic violence, a cause I hold near and dear to my heart. However, that’s just the beginning. So what’s next on this fashion induced mission of mine? Relocating of course….. 

Source

Comments

Popular Posts