That's What She Said: Sophia Amoruso

This post is for the "That’s what she said” link up with Mrs. AOK. Go check her out and link up!


   I love this quote because I'm a big fan of Sophia Amoruso. She started Nasty Gal from home with no money and now she’s a millionaire. Talk about a rags to riches story. The book #GIRLBOSS flew off the shelves and got everyone quoting Sophia as much as the movie Mean Girls.

   The great thing about this particular quote is it can be applied to so many aspects of our lives i.e. work, home and personal. How many times do we look at what somebody else has and immediately start comparing ourselves to them and begin to look down on what we have. I know I’ve been guilty of it.

   We're constantly obsessing over whose body is nicer than ours, whose house is bigger, whose car is newer and who has the better-behaved kids. There’s always at least one girl with a killer wardrobe we all covet!

   The truth of the matter is everyone has something about their own lives they wish they could change so while we’re wasting precious time envying someone else’s life why not create a life we love to live?

   It’s cool to be inspired by other people. Hell who doesn't have an I wish I was like Beyoncé moment or two. It’s just not good to have them all the time. Figure out what it is you’d like to have or what you want to change in your life then set small goals, do something each and every day to reach those goals. Eventually you’ll love your life so much you'll wonder why you ever compared yourself to  anyone at all.


Comments

  1. I just love her! I still haven't read the book. It's been on my list to get forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been reading it for a while now. Everyone else just seemed to have breezed through it the same day they got it but I have taken my time and actually take notes on it. It's pretty good and business owners can learn a lot from her.

      Delete
  2. YES!! I think it's human nature to admire what others have, but when it becomes something more, it's time to look inward. It's funny, how much happier we would be if we would be more self positive, right? If we could start each day with a smile and keep it, be grateful for all we have, and work toward what we want with jubilancy- we could be our own idols! Thanks for joining Courtney and I this week for #TWSS!!
    XOXO
    www.mrsaokaworkinprogress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Being self positive does make us happier with our own lives. Having a grateful heart can change so much within.

      Delete
  3. The book is on my summer reading list... It wasnt until i got a little older that I finally stopped caring (really stopped, not just said I stopped. haha) about what other people had and comparing. It was such a freeing thing, i wish I could have got to that point earlier in life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think getting older makes a big difference. When we're younger we don't realize how much we can change our own lives just by not worrying about other people and what they have.

      Delete
  4. I totally agree! It sucks to waste time comparing yourself to others. Just focus on you and don't worry about where everyone else is in there life. We all get there eventually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do all get there eventually. Too bad it jus takes us a while to realize that lol

      Delete
  5. I completely agree. It can be so easy to get sucked into the comparison game! But what's the point? Where does it leave you? It is so much better to focus your energy on what you have and even what you want to have!! Thank you for joining Dean and I at this weeks That's What She Said!! It means so much to us! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be really easy to get sucked into the comparison game especially with social media platforms like Instagram where everyones life is amazing :) I had fun with the link up! Thanks for hosting.

      Delete
  6. GREAT quote! We are all jealous of someone at one point or another in our lives. Phenomenal reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jealously is natural and we're all human. We just have to learn to focus in ourselves and just use other people as motivation.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts