My Top 3 Favorite Foundations for Oily Skin


   I talk to a lot of women and give a lot of makeup advice. One of the first questions I ask is Whats your skin type? More often than not they tell me their skin is combination to oily. Im starting to wonder if its due to the environment. I have dealt with oily skin for the last 5 years. Prior to that my skin was normal. Since oily skin is not something I was used to; it took a lot of trial and error to find the right products for my skin to help combat that annoying oily t-zone.

   One of the things that I have found that helps is the right foundation. I pretty much have a whole foundation routine I plan on sharing with you in a video just so you have a visual.
But first the products.

   I have a few foundations that I swear by. Ill list them for you in order of lower price to highest. Keep in mind no matter the price tag they are all worth it!

Maybelline Fit Me Matte+ Poreless
   I absolutely love this one. It does just what the name says, leave you matte and looking Poreless. For $7.99 you cant go wrong. Its for normal to oily skin and medium to full coverage. It gives a really natural look and it is buildable for a more flawless effect. I still feel that no matter how much I put on my skin still looks like skin and Im not caked up. Out of the wide range of 32 shades mine is 355 Coconut. Usually Ulta has a sale so you can buy one get the other half off.

Kat Von D Lock It
   Shade range has been a big issue for some companies but not this one. The Lock It foundation comes in 30 shades. It may not be 40 but that aint bad. It gives a matte finish and claims a 24-hour wear but Im not willing to test that. It is full coverage like you wouldnt believe! Sometimes a little too full coverage. With just one application my imperfections are covered up but so are my beauty marks and I like them to be seen but thats not a bad problem to have. My shade is Deep 74 warm, and it retails for $35.

Huda Beauty #FauxFilter
   Beauty blogger turned cosmetic brand owner Huda Kattan knows what we want because she has been in our shoes. The #FauxFilter is meant to have a Satin and Matte finish and is medium to full coverage. Ive found it to have a cream to powder finish. Which has pros and cons. The pro is I dont have to use a setting powder. The con is if I plan on doing any contouring with a cream product I have to use a damp beauty blender otherwise the foundation starts to come off. Once you get around the learning curve you will love this foundation! The trick is to catch it while its in stock because its always sold out. Also 30 shades, mine is 440G Cinnamon and retails at $40.

   I really hope this helps you girls out there dealing with the same issues I am with having oily skin. Look on the bright side, Ive always heard it takes oily skin longer to show signs of aging. Hey, you gotta take the small wins when you can.

Stay matte,

SJM

Comments

Popular Posts